art workshop for mums & daughters
Due to popular demand! Anita has created this 2.5 hour step-by-step art workshop celebrating Girl Power, and the unique connection between mothers and daughters.
The Girl Power art class is designed to deepen communication, connection and appreciation between mothers and daughters. (Oh, and create a beautiful diptych in the process!)
Each mum-and-daughter team will produce two paintings that complement each other. Hung together, these paintings are called a diptych — a drawing or painting in two parts.
Just as each painting complements the other, when brought together they become a whole… A pigeon pair of works that go together like salt-and-pepper; chips-and-gravy; bees-and-honey; coffee-and-mornings; and of course, mums–and–daughters.
Not only will you pick up some awesome painting techniques to bring a new dimension to your own work, but you will also:
- Work as a team to realise each other’s amazing strengths and attributes,
- Get the chance to validate your daughter in her beautiful aspects (without the “Muuuummmm! reaction!),
- Hear your daughter validate you in return,
- Work together to plan and complete your complementary paintings.
The content of the workshop is suitable for teens-plus, with no upper age limit.
Each workshop is a small group setting in a home/studio in Cowaramup, Western Australia.
The art-making experience will be completed with focussed coaching by Anita to bring resolution to your pieces, and a story-sharing session about your insights.
All materials are supplied — you only need to bring your smiles, be ready to share the beauty in your heart, and create a mum-and-daughter art piece you will be proud to hang at home.
The workshop is suitable for beginners, but more advanced painters will still be engaged.
By the end of this fabulous, fun and easy art workshops, you will have created a piece similar to the one pictured above. (It should be noted that you will be free to choose your own colours and subject matter, so the possibilities are endless.)
To book one of Anita’s art workshops:
There are two ways you can book one of Anita’s art workshops. Either:
- View the calendar to join a pre-scheduled class, and follow the step-by-step registration process.
- Get some mums and daughters together and book a tailored workshop on a date/time to suit you. Then, email Anita with your request 🙂 I need at least two mother-and-daughter groups to get this party started.
Exchange: $150 for two people, materials supplied and you’ll go home with a painting ready to hang.
Bring: Bring your own smock, refreshments and water. (If you bring a gold coin donation towards a Kiva loan that would be great too, but not compulsory.)
Cancellations made 1 week out from the art workshop date are 100% refundable. Cancellations made 7 day and less before the workshop attract 50% cancellation fee.