Date(s) - 20/08/2017
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Resin art and jewellery workshop
With visiting artist, Uniquely Deborah
In this full day resin art workshop (suitable for beginners and experienced artists alike), participants will get hands-on experience in making unique handmade resin jewellery and art, under the guidance of Queensland resin artist, Uniquely Deborah.
All materials are supplied — you only need to rock up, be ready surrender to the magical, wabisabi ways of resin!
By the end of the workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Measure and mix resin correctly;
- Use various techniques to colour the resin;
- Pour and mould the resin;
- Manipulate the resin as required; and
- Demould and finish the resin to an acceptable standard.
Morning session: 2 art canvases
Participants will experiment with one small canvas to understand how the resin reacts and moves. They will then move on to a larger canvas to create a dynamic piece of abstract art.
Afternoon session: jewellery
Participants will make a selection of jewellery using moulds supplied by Uniquely Deborah. 1 wide bangle and 1 thin bangle (or 3 stacking bangles), a resin ring; a silver plated ring with resin, and a pair of silver plated studs with resin.
- We are using the latest technology in resin which has a longer drying time of 24 hours. Therefore, you will need 2 large boards (1 x 8” and 1 x 16” — think, pizza box!) and blu tac to support your art to take home.
- Paper towel
- Small square or rectangular container to hold water
- Disposable plastic drinking cups (min 20)
- Packet of disposable wipes
- Roll of aluminium foil
- Cheap plastic drop sheet (painters size)
- Small packet of disposable gloves
- Old apron or over shirt
- Closed in shoes
- Cash/ credit card if you decide to purchase materials from Deborah.
- $325 including $70 materials fee and you’ll go home with 2 canvases, 5 pieces of jewellery, handouts full of comprehensive notes, and the confidence to start your own resin arts practice.
- If you only want to do the canvases part of the workshop, or the jewellery part, a limited number of tickets have been allocated with a reduced materials fee.
- Cancellation policy: As there are fixed costs in bringing Deborah to Cowaramup (hers and mine!) refunds will only be issued if your space can be filled, less a $50 admin fee.
MORE ABOUT DEBORAH
Deborah hails from Queensland, where the climate is conducive to a stunning resin arts practice. She is a passionate educator; artist; promoter of handmade; and obsessive compulsive of all things textile, glass, resin and unique! Her work involves bold colours, shapes, texture and movement across an organic range of jewellery, homewares and accessories that make a statement. You can view some of her work here.
Bookings are closed for this event.