Date(s) - 21/08/2017
3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Resin mould-making workshop
With visiting artist, Uniquely Deborah
In this 3-hour resin mould workshop, participants will get hands-on experience in making their own silicone moulds, under the guidance of Queensland resin artist, Uniquely Deborah.
All materials are supplied to make 3 small moulds!
In this workshop, the participants will work with a two part silicone (Pinkysil) to create 3 small moulds – a bowl, a spoon and a bangle.
Participants will learn how to scaffold the item to ensure a useable mould is produced. They will then use these moulds as part of the next day’s workshop.
- Paper towel
- Small square or rectangular container to hold water
- Disposable plastic drinking cups (min 20)
- Packet of disposable wipes
- Roll of aluminium foil
- Cheap plastic drop sheet (painters size)
- Small packet of disposable gloves
- Old apron or over shirt
- Closed in shoes
- Cash/ credit card if you decide to purchase materials from Deborah.
Energy exchange for this resin mould workshop:
- $175 including materials and you’ll go home with 3 moulds, handouts full of comprehensive notes, and the readiness to prepare your own products in the next day’s workshop (optional).
- Note: these workshops retail for more than $250 on the east coast, so this is a bargain!
- Cancellation policy: As there are fixed costs in bringing Deborah to Cowaramup (hers and mine!) refunds will only be issued if your space can be filled, less a $50 admin fee.
More about Deborah
Deborah hails from Queensland, where the climate is conducive to a stunning resin arts practice. She is a passionate educator; artist; promoter of handmade; and obsessive compulsive of all things textile, glass, resin and unique! Her work involves bold colours, shapes, texture and movement across an organic range of jewellery, homewares and accessories that make a statement. You can view some of her work here.
Bookings are closed for this event.